Thursday, October 13, 2011

From the Ashes.

Well, as any of you who have been keeping up on my blog noticed my 2003 AWD Astro van Marshmallow died tragically, then this blog died. I honestly thought I was done van dwelling. But I felt a constant tug at my heart and knew this sedentary lifeastyle was not for me. I decided a few weeks ago to pursue another adventure, as I feel I did not get a proper taste of life on the road.

I told a lot of people I was going to go back to school, and was going to do this, and do that, I'm sorry, not right now. I am just not ready to put roots down. There is so much to see, hear, taste, and touch, and I am not going to miss out on it.

I've recently purchased a 1994 Chevrolet Astro Tiger GT converted into a class B motor home by Provan. This rig is RWD as I did not feel AWD was necessary anymore, plus the price of an AWD Tiger GT, and the fuel consumption.

I'm going to do this adventure right this time. No more days of endless driving in hopes to make it one place or another for some reason or another, no more skipping neat stops and attractions. I will wander truly and freely this time.

Here is one of the few photos I have of her. She does not have a name yet.
Photobucket

I fly to Ocala FLorida next week to finalize the purchase, from there it's off to Elgin Illinois to kick it with my buddy Aaron and his wife Jayme and do some Astro wrenchin'. With any luck my mom can fly to Elgin and join me on the trip back to San Diego to outfit the new rig with her solar equipment and load her with my belongings. Keep an eye out, I'm going to be on the move again in just a weeks time!

1 comment: