Sunday, July 10, 2011

Ant invasion.

A few days ago I noticed some ants tooling around my van. I thought nothing of it and continued on. Later I would learn they had completely infested my van.

I ended up pulling my rear wood sub floor out (I hated that thing anyway) and all the trim. I found dirt piles everywhere, and they had nested in the Jute fiber carpet padding up front.

Now the van is completely empty, and I have just ordered some non toxic low VOC bed liner. While not completely necessary it will ensure I never have to worry about the floor rusting or being damaged no matter what happens on top of it.

I'll be putting FatMat sound/heat proofing in the front passenger area, or just heat shield, and then foam tiles forward of where I sit to eat and relax. The rest, under the bed and behind it will remain just bare bed liner as this is where stuff is often dragged in and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment