Monday, October 24, 2011

Kyle sucks at updates.

You know, I am really just through freaking out over stuff. If something breaks, I'm gonna fix it, either the right way, with or without help, with duct tape and zip ties, or the right materials, come hell or high water, I'm going to overcome obstacles. This is an adventure, it's meant to be fun, even when you're freezing cold sitting in a half working 94 camper eating cold Chinese food and you've just walked 4 miles in the cold to find a soda. Isn't this what life is all about? Roll with the punches, it all goes away in the end, enjoy the here and now. Fuck it, life is awesome, I have great friends, family, and opportunities. I'm gonna get my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Lets go Bones, we got some ass to kick.

So the plan while I'm in Elgin is to swap out Bone's idle air valve which blew somewhere in Indiana, seal up the poor connection on the fuel filler line, replace the shocks, swap the rear leafs, perhaps do brakes, and throw a new battery tray in there. An oil change should make her pretty damn road worthy, she is an Astro van after all. (;

My personal stuff I'll be doing is gutting the carpet, cleaning extensivley, steam cleaning the curtains, taking some exterior stickers off, replacing some rusted screws, cleaning some surface rust, replace the kitchen stove vent, doing some recaulking, and doing some minor interior things like re-staining the wood, rebuilding the table counter top and staining it, and fabbing up a new bar for the closet. I also need a new black water hose, and mounting system for it, plus a temporary battery to run my lights and catalytic heater fan, plus a temporary 20lb propane bottle and hose to run the heat and stove until I either buy a new 30lb bolt on, or mount a regular cylinder.

I won't do too much because in a year or so I'll be buying a hard top for her, and redoing a lot of the interior.

Good times ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment