Sunday, April 3, 2011

More insulating!

Today started with a trip to Home Depot for a paint scraper and one last can of expanding foam. Yuck, I hate that crap. It's worse to get off your hands than the 3M adhesive. I also filled up Marshmallows tummy with yummy 87.


How she looked this morning.
Photobucket

A bit of expanding foam here and there.
Photobucket

Lots of insulating.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Smurf hands...
Photobucket

I scraped the disgusting grip tape off and cleaned up a good portion of the adhesive. It came in handy for scraping crap of the floor too.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Tomorrow I should be able to finish the insulation on the walls and do a few random things like mounting my front license plate, securing some wiring etc. Waiting for my marine caulking to come in so I can patch some holes in the back door and insulate them.

After I get the walls buttoned up with vapor barrier and do a few more random chores I plan to panel the roof in 1/4" luan plywood. I went and priced some today. Then I will clean and paint the floor and rear door panels and build my insulated sub floor, then I will panel the walls.

After that I need to do some wiring, and install the roof vent, and stain the walls.

Once ALL of that is done the van is essentially finished AND I finally take her for a good cleaning. I am out of money by this time save for some money set aside for living needs. I'll add things over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment